My Top 3 Detoxing Boost Drinks

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Okay before I start, I just want to clarify that I'm not a nutritionalist nor do I think I am an expert in the field but I just wanted to share a couple of my favourite detoxing drinks/smoothies. Despite the fact that I have done a degree in creative writing, I'm still not great with making up names for things.  When I normally start a "healthy living regime" I try and kick it off with some healthy drinks to get into my system. 

The Green Machine - This is a popular drink which is great for your insides and out. There are many variations of the recipe and I quite often mix it up too. However, these ingredients are my favourite.



Ingredients:
2 Bananas
1/2 Peach
1/2 Mango (fresh is better but I used tin...oops)
2 handfuls of Spinach
1tbps Flax Seeds
Handful of Mint







Bolt - I tend to guzzle this one after a workout as it usually gives me an energy boost and suppresses any cravings I tend to have throughout the afternoon. 



Ingredients:
1 Bananas
1/2 Peach
2 Plums
1 Apple
150g Natural Yogurt
1tbps Flax Seeds
Handful of Mint








Refresher - This is a morning jobby for me as it is meant to help speed up your metabolism. I normally have to make it the night before because it is best drunk cold with a few ice cubes in it. It is normally made with Green Tea but I've just been using up my peppermint ones. 




Ingredients:
1 Herbal Tea Bag
1/2 a Satsuma (can use any citrus fruit) 
Mint
Ice Cubes


Do you have any refreshing drinks?

4 comments:

  1. OMG that smoothie machine looks so convenient. i must track one down to take to work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get one they are quite cheap: I think it was about £30. So so handy :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love making smoothies will definately try these out! Lexie x
    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea is my favourite :) x

      Delete