F*ck Monday: Miserable

Monday 2 July 2012



So I don't particularly want to bring everyone down with a moany post because let's face it the weather is bring most of us down. It's July already but I don't think the sun got the memo. Anyway this last week I have been pretty much wallowing in my own self pity and trust me I am the first one to admit that. This has resulted in the lack of blogging because I just haven't felt up to it. Now I'm not particularly sure what was wrong but it just felt like everything was shit... If you know what I mean, even though in hindsight it wasn't. All of the pictures above sum up me from the last week. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I've been depressed because I don't think I was or am. I just think I've had a real downer of the week. All I have wanted to do is lie in my pit (bed) and do nothing but this has obviously led to over thinking about every minor hiccup in my life and ultimately made me feel worst. 


This is the part where this post could get cringey... My brother and I had a big sibling heart to heart session. He's older than me and lives about an hours drive away, so it is always nice when we have a big session. In particular, I was talking about how I had been feeling and how that I think that I am the one making myself feel miserable because I'm focussing on it. I mentioned how I heard about The Secret Book from a couple of people at work, and my brother had actually read the book. This book talks about the laws of attraction in the universe and I know there will be millions of people who think that these kinds of books are a load of rubbish likewise there will be millions of people who believe in it. In a nutshell it is basically says that if you think positively, positivity will come to you, likewise if you think about something negatively then all you will attract is negativity.I have absorbed the first couple of chapters and after reading it and I think if it makes me feel good then it can't be that bad, whether it is true or not.


So in the whole this can kinda seem like a pointless post and I hopefully this will be the end of my moan. I am going to continue to read the rest of The Secret Book and probably write a full detailed blog post on it.


Has anyone else read it?



4 comments:

  1. that book sounds really interesting- i definitely think there is some truth in that sort of thing. I do hope you feel better soon lovely :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds great! I'm a huge believer in the fact that happiness is a choice and I'm probably the happiest person ever. haha. So I guess there's something in it! Chin up :)

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the book sounds interesting and great! and I hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel, I have been feeling a bit like that too lately, I think the weather is partly to blame! It seems to make sense that thinking positively will attract positivity, even if it's simply in the sense that people will act positively towards you if you seem like an upbeat, positive person!

    ReplyDelete