Why I Am Loving My Hair...

Friday 7 December 2012


 

Recently my hair has started to get a million times better than it has ever been. For all of you knew readers to my blog, I have super dry and matte hair - it doesn't help that I dye my hair (shocker!), I'm naturally a dark blonde. My hair is also great at mimicking my body and if I am really sick or run down then my hair gets super dry and brittle. But not as the moment, it is in desperate need for a cut but regardless it is so soft and tamed. All due to the following products to be honest:

Lush BIG Shampoo - £11.25 - This exfoliating sea salt scrub shampoo with it's clarifying ingredients help to unclog your hair from product build up. I only use this once a week but it makes such a difference. I have a full review of this item here.  

Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo & Conditioner - £2.49 each - I read somewhere that you should steer clear of "cheap" shampoos and conditioners, so as a rule of thumb I stuck to that. Now as it has been a poor couple of months for me - these were on special in Boots and I couldn't resist. And wow, the conditioner is the best, it is so nourishing and works into my hair. It leaves it smelling amazing and looking shiny - this always lasts until the next wash too! So I don't think it is a cover up job. 

Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair Leave-In Conditioner & Care Spray - £3.49 - This purchase was after I bought the shampoo and conditioner. I had used up the rest of my John Frieda Leave-In Conditioner and I was unsure which one I was going to buy and I wasn't going to repurchase the John Frieda because I wasn't over wowed by it. Now this is going to sound werid because the best thing about this product is the way the product squirts out. It has a gentle product distribution so it doesn't just clump at one area of your hair (i know that sounds so odd) but if you have ever had a hair product that shoots rather than sprays, you'll understand.

Seven Seas Zinc plus Vitamin C Chewable Capsule - £4.39 - I tend to take on everyday (if I remember) but if I am feeling particularly poorly or down in the dumps. Then I take a couple more; it says you can take up to 4 capsules a day. I really notice a difference if I stop taking these - so on that basis I guess my body needs it. Zinc is amazing for promoting heathly hair and letting it grow too.

Organix Coconut Milk Serum - £5.99 - I don't know how I ever coped without this product, I have both of my best friends hooked on it. I used it as a serum or as a mask depending on the condition of my hair. You only need a small amount but I can just feel my hair drinking it up. It smells amazing too, this is my second one as I gave the other one away to a friend.

L'oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hairspray - £6.60 - To be honest, these hairsprays are quite expensive (well over the price I normally pay), I don't use it that frequent to worry too much about it. But there is a reason why it is expensive and a classic... because it is good... end of.

L'oreal Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray 3 Days Straight - £5.99 - This is a super recent purchase and I really love how it protects my hair and it does help keep it super straight - not for 3 days but 2 for sure. The only thing that I really don't like about the product is the smell - but I am hoping that this is something that I can get used to.

Tangle Teezer - £10.20 - I have had this since my best friend at uni, showed it to me 3 years ago. I feel in love with it from the moment I used hers. I do still love my paddle brush and this one is so gentle on your hair and stops you from tugging and tearing your hair. It doesn't matter what type or condition your hair is in, you need to get your hands on one of these!

What are your haircare gems? Any suggestions for my hair? 

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the L'oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength spray where I live yet and I've been wanting to try it. Seems like what my hair needs right now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can see why you're loving it! I will have to look into a few of these products (have been wanting to try the Lush BIG shampoo for a while) :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks lovely, and it is so nice to see that it was achieved by using drugstore items, it's always depressing when beauty bloggers post stuff that is impossible to get a hold of!
    Good job girl!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely, I tend to neglect my hair and I really shouldn't.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I've never seen the coconut milk serum before, I'd really like to try that! I love hair products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG is one of my favorite shampoos!

    www.kaitlynmaness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Dove Hair Therapy shampoos and conditioners, they've really helped improve the condition of my hair! They leave it unbelievably silky smooth and so soft to the touch. I recently discovered the Tangle Teeezer and I'm an absolute convert. Wouldn't recommend using anything else to tame my locks now! If you're in need of a good conditioning treatment, I really recommend the VO5 Treat Me Right Rinse Deep Conditioning Treatment - good value (usually around £4 for a tub that lasts forever) and smells amazing plus leaves you with gorgeous shiny, silky soft hair. Absolutely love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eyes instantly and literally went for this Coconut milk serum, I need this, as I need everything with the coconut!:Dlol
    Thank you for the comment, following your pretty blog now!;)
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete