REVIEW: Tropic Face Smooth Brightening Polish

Wednesday 8 May 2013





10/10

What Tropic Say: "Our Face Smooth brightening polish is a skin staple. It contains powerful Acai berries to brighten and gentle alpha hydroxy acids to stimulate skin renewal. It works to cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturise all in one, to leave your skin feeling velvety, refreshed and simply radiant."

What I Say: So in the past couple of months my skin has gone through some magical transformation now I partially put it down to my increase in water consumption and better diet. However, if there is one main product which has just made my skin pop into its own it has been this facial polish from Tropic. I picked it up at the end of March at the Vitality show - this was a brand that I have never heard of but was sold by the great sales assistants and the product demonstrations. 

Pros: 
- As you know a big positive for me in a product is the smell, it has a very strong citrus scent - so it may not be for everyone but I love it.
- Once you rinse the polish off, your skin is left so soft - kind of with an oily residue but isn't greasy or noticable on your skin. It doesn't leave your skin feeling dehydrated. 
- It says to use it 2-3times a week but I find just using it once as a treat still has a great effect on the skin. 
- It helps clear up any redness in blemishes too. 

Cons: 
- My only problem with this scrub is the fact that you can scrub your skin too much as it is quite abrasive. So if you over scrub it can hurt your skin - I don't know whether this is because I have quite sensitive skin but either way it is still great once you get the right level of scrubbing! 
- The scrub and oil separate which makes it sometimes a little difficult to scoop a good mixture of the both in a go. 

To be honest, I couldn't recommend this scrub enough, I love it! If you are suffering with your skin at the moment this could be your answer like it was mine. Have you tried this brand or heard of them? 

3 comments:

  1. ooo this looks really interesting! I've been wanting to try something from Tropic ever since the creator was on the apprentice. What skin type are you? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff looks amazing! I'd really like to try it and I love how it's 100% natural :) Great post!

    XO
    scribblesofvalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Little Miss Lifestyle - Oh wow I did not know that and I love the Apprentice. I have dry skin with a few blemishes - it can also be quite sensitive at times too.

    @Valerie - Yes I love that it is 100% natural, I swear it makes me skin look better than any chemicals do. :) x

    ReplyDelete