What Mac says: "Mac and hip-hop diva Nicki Minaj join forces to create Viva Glam Nicki, a scene-stealing lipstick. The full RRP (less VAT) from the sale of this lipstick is paid to Mac Aids Funds and goes towards helping women, men and kids everywhere affected by HIV and AIDS. Limited Edition"
What I say: I know most people love Mac but for some reason I just have never been a Mac girl - I think it is because there has never been one that local to me. So at the grand old age of 23 this was my first Mac lipstick - I have used their face products before but never anything for the lips or eyes.
The one thing that really drew me to this lipstick other than the colour was the fact that all the profit goes to charity and I thought that was really lovely. However, I did go to Mac Pro in Soho with the intention of buying a coral summer shade. The make up artist in there suggested this one straight away and once I had it on, I knew I was going to be taking it home with me. For me it is a very bold colour but I think it will look beautiful once the sun finally comes out.
- I love how bold it is, I tend to stick to nudes or bright reds for nights out, so this is a bit of a change for me.
- The colour lasts, it does kind of stain your lips but I don't mind that because it means it take a little longer until I feel the need to reapply.
- It is highly pigmented and really thick so gives a full coverage in one application.
- I think for the quality it isn't that expensive and I will definitely be investing in some more Mac lipsticks.
- Most of my cons are personal preferences, for one I find this shade quite bold and I don't know how much everyday wear I could get out of it even though I love it.
- You need to make sure you get all dry skin off your lips and use a balm before apply as this colour is so thick it will highlight any dryness (which most bold lipsticks would)
Have you tried anything from the Viva Glam Range?