What La Roche-Posay says: It is designed for oily skin with irregular texture, prone to imperfections, blemishes and sports. It unclogs pores and helps to purify and reduce the development of future breakouts. It also helps to reduce skin imperfections leaving skin looking clearer and feeling smoother. Apply morning and/or night to the entire face. Can be used as a make-up base.
What I say: I was a little sucker for the hype of this product and the fact that I couldn't find it for ages as it was sold out everywhere. I was like a woman possessed because it just made me want it even more but before I could get my hands on this I read so many great reviews. Now I don't actually think this lives up to the hype for the reason that it isn't designed for my skin type. I have dry/normal skin with a few spots here and there. I feel that it made my skin feel softer and smoother but didn't see that much of a change with my spots at all unfortunately. I'm not sure whether I am using incorrectly or that isn't designed for me.
- It made my skin feel a lot softer and more subtle.
- I feel like the packaging and the fact that it comes in a squeeze-ey tube
- I think it is a great price £13 in Boots and usually they do offers and things - so you can pick it up for cheaper.
- I find that whilst is doesn't clear my blemishes it could be helping them stay at bay though I'm not sure whether that is just because my hormones have settled down.
- Also lastly, I got told by a friend that she used it as a make-up base - clearly I never read the packaging and found it great way to keep my make up on.
- I find it a little stingy on my skin, I don't have particularly sensitive however it is quite dry and I know this is aimed at more oily type skin tones - which could be why it irritates a little.
- It doesn't clear up my spots or anything and I find that there is no change in the redness or appearance of them.
Have you joined the La Roche Posay hype? What do you think?